RUSSIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
MINISTERY OF SCIENCE AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Department of Physiological Sciences RAS
I.P. Pavlov Physiological Society
Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IEPhB RAS)
Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology of RAS
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
Informational letter #1
In April, 2018 the first Conference “Optogenetics and Optopharmacology” took place in St. Petersburg. Many of you participated in it. At the Conference were presented plenary lectures on the general problems of optogenetics and optopharmacology, as well as oral presentations and posters on the results of research. At the end of the Conference we agreed to gather again in 2 years.
With this letter we invite you to participate in the next Conference “Optogenetics+ 2020”. We decided to expand the field of optogenetics due to appearance of new approaches like chemogenetics, thermogenetics, etc., which are hot topics in Biology, and it is important to include them in discussion at the Conference.
The Russian Conference with international participation “Optogenetics+ 2020 ” will take place in St. Petersburg, Russia, on April 22-26, 2020 in the Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry of Russian Academy of Sciences. The conference Program will feature problems of optogenetics and optopharmacology, optosensors and chemogenetics, thermogenetics, targeted delivery of proteins, problems of prosthetics of sensory systems, toxicity and stability of optogenetic tools, interpretation of results and other issues.
Simultaneously with the Conference, on April 25 2020, the “School on Advanced Methods of Non-invasive Control of Neuronal Activity” will take place, where it is planned to read a series of lectures for young researchers on the current state of optobiological methods, to discuss at round tables and special sessions the unsolved research issues, the participation of young scientists in the ongoing work. Leading specialists from Russian scientific institutions and from abroad – P.D. Bregestovski (KSMU, Russia, INSERM, France), P.M. Balaban (IHNA&NPh, Russia), A.Y. Malyshev (IHNA&NPh, Russia), M.A. Ostrovsky (Moscow State University, Russia), N.N. Dygalo (Novosibirsk), R. Gainetdinov (St. Petersburg) and others will be invited to give lectures and hold roundtables.
The working languages of the conference are English and Russian.
Conference dates: April 22-26, April 22 – arrival and registration, April 23-24 – main sections, April 25 – School, April 26 – cultural program.
Forms of participation: participants with an oral presentation, participants with a poster presentation, participants without a presentation.
A satellite symposium «Biological objects imaging» is planned to be held in the framework of the conference and the school, which will be formed on the basis on applications. The co-chairmen of the symposium are Dr. Sergey Antonov and Dr. Irina Romanova (IEPhB RAS, St. Petersburg).
During the satellite symposium, it is planned to consider the principles of using confocal microscopy for the analysis of biological objects, to discuss methodological issues of analyzing a fluorescent image in real time, quantifying the fluorescence image of tissue culture and fixed tissue.
In registration form the symposium participants should indicate section «Biological objects imaging».
It is carried out on the website of the IEFB RAS https://www.iephb.ru/optogenetics2020/
- When submitting an application, the first author in the abstract is considered to be the speaker.
- All co-authors who want to participate in the conference ought to be registered as participants without a presentation.
- We also ask all your co-authors in the thesis to register as participants without the presentation, even if they won’t participate in the conference personally. The fee for participation in this case is not charged.
- The abstract is uploaded only by the author of the presentation (oral or poster).
- Confirmation of payment of registration fee (after confirmation of the application) each full-time participant carries out independently.
- The format of the Conference does not provide distance participation with the publication of abstracts without personal presentation in oral or poster form. In case, by coincidence, personal participation of the author in the Conference is not possible, we ask to notify the organizing committee by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and to inform which of the co-authors will participate and in what form of the presentation will be submitted.
- Registration of participants with an oral and poster presentation from February 1, 2020 to March 1, 2020 (inclusive).
- Registration of participants without a presentation from February 1, 2020 to March 1, 2020 (inclusive).
- Registration of co-authors of presentations without full participation from February 1, 2020 to March 1, 2020 (inclusive).
- March 1 – March 16, 2020: the formation of the program, the confirmation of the form of participation
- March 17 – March 27, 2020 (inclusive): payment of registration fee in accordance with the confirmed form of participation
After March 27 (later confirmation), the registration fee increases by 20 €.
The payment for participation is made after confirmation of acceptance of abstract for participation (the corresponding status in the application)
REQUIREMENTS TO THE ABSTRACTS:
The abstracts are submitted by all participants with a presentation. In the abstract book, after the review by the Program Committee, all the abstracts accepted for the conference will be presented.
The abstracts are downloaded when you register in the section through a special form to apply your abstracts. Abstracts can be submitted in both Russian and English.
Text size of no more than 2500 characters with spaces + w/b illustration, font Times New Roman, font size – 12, line spacing, text – 1.
Sample of the abstract (Editor’s note: formatting will be performed automatically):
OPTOGENETICS IN RUSSIA
Ivanov I.I.1, Ivanova I.I.2
1Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, 2Institute of Physiology, Komi Science Center, Russian Academy of Sciences, Syktyvkar, Russia,
The purpose of this work was to …
Cost of participation:
- Participants with oral and poster presentation 80 € (before March 27, 2020), 100 € (after March 27, 2020).
- A participant without a report – 25 € (before March 27, 2020), 45 € (after March 27, 2020).
- Students and graduate students: participation with a presentation and without a presentation 20 € (before March 27, 2020), 40 € (after March 27, 2020).
The fee does not include:
– The cost of a printed copy of the abstract book. To order a printed copy, you must make a special note when registering. The cost of 1 copy is 5 €.
– Cocktail party on the first day of the conference. The cost of participation is 30 €.
In the case of ordering the abstract book and / or participation in a cocktail party, the amount of the registration fee will be increased by the above amounts.
Payment can be made on the conference website online, by credit card. If you need an invoice for payment or an agreement on the provision of services, write a request by e-mail.
ACCOMMODATION FOR MEETING AND SCHOOL PARTICIPANTS
The organizing committee agreed terms of self-booking accommodation hotel “Orbita” http://spborbita.ru (Address: St. Petersburg, 4, pr Nepokorennykh, 3 minutes walk from the metro station, 20 minutes – to the venue of the meeting.) or the hotel “Sputnik” http://www.sputnik-hotel.ru (15 min walk from the metro station and 7 minutes – to the venue of the Meeting).
For more information on the organization and holding of the conference contact:
Ivan Sukhov Telephone: +7 (812) 552-3117
Marina Belova +7(812) 552-7901
194223 Russia, Saint-Petersburg, pr. Torez 44
Phone: +7(812) 552-79-01
The Organizing Committee of the conference will be grateful for any suggestions for organizing and conducting these activities. Proposals should be sent to the Organizing Committee.
The Organizing Committee